Phil's Taco Dip is a great traveler for parties and always disappears quickly when set out with good tortilla chips.
The only thing Packerland has left to look forward to this year are the Super Bowl commercials. Don't get me wrong: it'll still be a great party.
Rarely do Phil and I attend or host a potluck or football party without a pie tin of this taco dip and a bag of tortilla chips.
It’s VERY easy to make and travels well, so win-win.
You can jazz it up with a layer of taco meat and one of refried beans, add black olives, go low-cal by choosing low-fat varieties of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream—whatever floats your boat.
I'm not usually a fan of using pre-mixed seasonings, but this is Phil's baby: he can do whatever he wants! (And why fix what ain't broken?)
The recipe below will make two pie tins of dip.
If you're looking for more party snack inspiration, check out these favorites:
- Michelle's Sweet & Zingy Asian Meatballs
- Homemade Kettle Corn
- Keto Ham Salad Spread
- Chicken Salad with Relish
- Feisty Chile con Carne Queso Dip and Party Snack Recipe Roundup
- Mini Peppers Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Deviled Eggs with Relish
Phil's Taco Dip
PRINT! This dip is perfect for potlucks because it's low-maintenance and travels well. You can also make it in advance: BONUS!!
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 packages of taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato salsa, (homemade or jarred)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup jarred jalapenos
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce,, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, , chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Spread in a layer on the bottom of each of 2 pie tins or a large cookie sheet.
- Layer on salsa and cheese, add remaining toppings as desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate: if you are tracking this information for medical purposes, please consult a trusted external source. Thanks!
Leave a Reply