Restaurant-Style Tomato Salsa
Restaurant-Style Tomato Salsa is full of spicy, delicious flavor. Done in 5 minutes with the help of your food processor! Plus, because we use canned tomatoes, you can enjoy this salsa any time of year!
Servings 12 –14
- 28 oz canned tomatoes (either crushed or diced with juices)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (stem removed and cut into a couple of rough chunks; or see Recipe Note #1)
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 medium sweet onion peeled and cut into rough chunks
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
Add garlic, onion, and jalapeño to food processor Close and pulse 3 times to coarsely chop. Open the food processor and add the cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper, canned tomatoes, and lime juice. Close the processor and pulse 3 more times, or until you're happy with the consistency. Check the seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated up to 5 days. Mix well before serving.
- If you are heat-averse, seed the chile and remove the membranes. Add half of the chile to start with (you can add more later if the salsa is too mild). If you're a chilihead, consider either adding up to an additional 2 jalapeños or substituting 2–3 serrano chiles for the jalapeño.