Tangy Deviled Ham & Cheese Spread
Tangy Deviled Ham & Cheese Spread is an easy, tasty way to use up leftover ham. This is great to have on hand for a quick lunch or snack. Creamy and delicious.
Servings 6 –8
- 2 cups cooked ham cubed
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 medium sweet onion cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp non-pareil capers
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp mixed herbs (optional; see recipe note #1)
Fit food processor with s-blade. Add cubes of onion, cheese, and ham. Close processor and pulse 2–3 times, or until the ingredients are coarsely chopped. Open processor and add remaining ingredients. Close and pulse until combined. Check seasoning, adjusting as necessary. Serve on sandwich bread, croissants, crackers—or the vehicle of your choice. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- My favorite herb mix for this ham spread is Sunny Paris by Penzey's Spices, but feel free to use your favorite.
- I don't recommend freezing the deviled ham and cheese spread: this can change the texture in non-delicious ways.